George A. Kirschenbaum, Of Counsel to the Firm
"In our society, working people are too often disrespected. For an attorney to effectively represent a union, that attorney must believe in his or her heart that a worker should be respected both as a person and for the valuable contribution he or she makes to the company and our community. We respect our clients."
- St. John’s University, J.D., 1973
- University of Toledo, B.A., 1970
- 1974 New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- American Bar Association, member of the Labor and Employment Law Section
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, past member of the Labor and Employment Law Committee
- Federal Bar Council
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
George A. Kirschenbaum is Of Counsel to Cary Kane LLP. He has practiced labor law for going on 40 years. Previously, he was a partner at Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard, PC, and for 28 years he served as in-house counsel to the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE) and its antecedent international unions. Mr. Kirschenbaum was Associate General Counsel to UNITE, Deputy General Counsel to the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union and both Assistant and then Associate General Counsel to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America.
Mr. Kirschenbaum has practiced before the National Labor Relations Board throughout the United States and represented unions in arbitrations and collective bargaining. He also has extensive experience representing unions at the appellate level of the Federal court system and is admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, , Sixth, and District of Columbia Circuits. He is admitted to the United States Court of International Trade and the United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of New York as well as the Eastern District of Kentucky. He is admitted to the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York. He is licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the Federal Bar Council and the AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee. Mr. Kirschenbaum earned his law degree from St. John's University School of Law. He received his B.A. degree from the University of Toledo, in Toledo, Ohio, where he majored in political science.
Mr. Kirschenbaum is married and has two grown children.