Joshua S. C. Parkhurst, Partner
“Fair treatment in the workplace is crucial for realizing the American Dream. People regardless of their age, race, gender or background are entitled to be free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, to earn fair pay for their work, and to have employers honor their agreements. Whether through negotiation or litigation, I believe in fighting for the rights of people who work hard for a living.”
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- The University of Chicago, B.A., 1993
- 1997 New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Chair, Labor Law Committee
- New York County Lawyers Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Committee
- Co-author, “Desert Palace, Inc. v. Costa: The End of the Direct Evidence Requirement in Title VII Mixed Motive Cases.”, New York State Bar Association Labor and Employment Newsletter, Winter 2003
- Contributing author, Employee Benefits Law, Second Edition, 2001-2005 Supplements
Joshua S.C. Parkhurst is a partner at Cary Kane LLP. He has thirteen years of litigation experience. He represents individual employees, labor unions and employee benefit funds.
Mr. Parkhurst is licensed to practice law in New York. He is also admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He graduated cum laude from New York University School of Law where he was the Legal Theory Editor of the Review of Law and Social Change. He graduated from The University of Chicago with a bachelor’s degree in Public Policy Studies, with special honors.
Mr. Parkhurst is active in the New York County Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association as well as the National Employment Lawyers Association. He is a contributing author to the Employee Benefits Law, Second Edition, 2001-2005 Supplements. He is a nine year board member and past-President of the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy, a non-profit organization dedicated to preservation of historic sites and neighborhoods in the City of Jersey City. Mr. Parkhurst is married with one child.